Saturday 15 January 2011

Mums Daily and Crescendo- Food for thought


Once upon a time , where basically all stories start from , it was just you and me and our little tangent of reality.
Then it became we, and from we to being Us was a remarkably short distance and now we stand as a family .
Some people maybe content to explore thier tangent because its safe ,
but some like me want to conquer the whole sphere, making life perfect for those around us.
But perfection bears a high cost , it means less sleep , more work , more lists and organizing, more fretting , and to the bystander it would seem
'Why the heck do u wanna make life more difficult than it already is'

But thats where a Mother steps in. Every thing runs flawlessly when you look towards her .
And I say this only now that i have my own kids because thats when u really learn to appreciate the struggle ur own mother goes through. The time she could have spent on her self is devoted to bringing up her kids , but there is always a but , i fail to understand where such mothers come in who are so wrapped up in themselves that they cannot see past who they are to those around them.

It makes me wonder what the kids go through whose mom is so engrossed in her own world that for her its just a matter of giving birth, and then let everyone around her shoulder the burden of bringing up her kids , as if she has done the world a big favour.

It stuns me to see the level of ignorance a mom can give her child, beacuse to me there is a fine line between possesive and obsessive and being organized and its so easy to over step that line and when organized can become obsessive it would be hard to fathom.

There are some mothers who can be so obsessed with thier child/children that it can be suffocating to just wat`ch them```, where as some can be so flighty , that its just a matter of where to dump the child , in mum-in laws lap or her own mother's so she can venture out on her own jaunts.

Its understandable if a mother has to work then she has to share the burden with some one , but if she does not have to work out side the house , then I fail to understand why she can't cope with her kids . No woman is perfect, I certainly don't claim to be , but atleast where my kids are concerned , I make them my first priority.
What type of a person do you think you are or will be ???

1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent post Madiha!

    My children definitely come first which is why i have chosen home making as a career. Of course back in the days in college and school this didn't seem that important so I wanted and had a good career... but now my life is for my family and I would never send the children to day care or "loving" nannies because no one could love them as much as I can.

    Having said that I must admit that every now and then i do need a need a breather and some time for myself. That's when the dad's come in handy. I love being a mum! It is THE world's best profession!

    And yes, if there is work that i can do from home which will not make me neglect the kids, yes I am all for it!

    ReplyDelete